|MediaWiki Handbook: Contents, Readers, Editors, Moderators, System admins +/-|
The "Related changes" feature lists all recent changes (before MediaWiki 1.5: only the last) in each article linked to from the current page.
Its header is "Related changes" with subheader "(to pages linked from "xxx")". The number of articles listed is specified in the preferences. However, the entries come from the recentchanges table and are therefore restricted to edits not older than $wgRCMaxAge.
This feature can be used to set up custom-watchlist-like functionality. It behaves like a watchlist which would contain every page linked to from the current page. However, Related Changes does not automatically include talk pages; to watch also the corresponding talk pages, links to them also have to be in the page on which Related Changes is applied.
The option "Hide minor edits" that can be set in the preferences applies among other things to Related Changes.
See also hide minor edits.
Note that for a link to redirect, only a change in the redirect is given, not a change in the target article. In this regard a direct link to the target article is superior.
The "Related changes" feature neither lists changes in images or sound files nor in image description pages (regardless of which of the three linking methods (image, :image or media)) is used.
When applying the feature to a subpage, the automatic link to the parent page is ignored, i.e., changes in the parent page are not listed unless there is also an explicit link to it.
Links to other help pages
- Help contents | search (all help pages)
- Meta | Wikinews | Wikipedia | Wikiquote | Wiktionary | commons: | mw: | b: | s:
- Go | Search | Stop words | URL | Namespace | Page name | Section
- Backlinks | Link | Piped link | Interwiki link | Redirect | Category | Image page
- Logging in and preferences
- Logging in | Preferences | User style
- Advanced editing | Editing FAQ | Edit toolbar | Export
- Editing shortcuts
- Tracking changes
- Recent changes (enhanced) | Related changes | Watching pages | Diff
- Page history | Edit summary | User contributions | Minor edit | Patrolled edit
- Style & formatting
- Wikitext examples | Reference card
- HTML in wikitext | HTML elements
- List | Table | Sorting
- Mathematical symbols on English Wikipedia
- Special input and output
- Inputbox | Special characters | Displaying a formula | Images and other uploaded files | EasyTimeline
- Advanced functioning
- Template | Advanced templates | Parser function | ParserFunctions | Parameter default | Variable | Magic word | System message | Substitution
- Array | Calculation
- Page management
- Starting a new page | Renaming (moving) a page | Maintenance | Merging and moving pages | Protecting pages
- Resolving disputes | Deleting a page
- Special pages
- Talk page | Testing | Sandbox
- Lists of resources
- Lists of Categories | Copyrights | Infobox
- Redirect | Reference Desk | Shortcuts | Stub types